Have you always wanted to run the Boston Marathon? Do you have the desire to help cancer patients on the South Shore? If you’re considering running the 2018 Boston Marathon for a charity team, check out our team: Team SSHS.
When you join Team SSHS, all of the money you raise will go to support patients who receive care at the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital in Weymouth.
There are some other great benefits of joining Team SSHS:
- We are a member of the Marathon Coalition. Members of Team SSHS will receive a comprehensive marathon training plan with the support of professional running coaches. This program customizes programs to meet each individual runner’s needs and goals, covering everything from form and pacing to injury prevention and sport psychology.
- Training runs every Saturday morning. We have weekly runs scheduled on some part of the Marathon course so that when the big day arrives you will be confident that you know the course intimately, which will lead to your success in crossing the finish line. Additionally, you will have support on your Saturday training runs with established water stops, coaches on the course as well as veteran runners to help guide you to the top of Heartbreak Hill.
- A dedicated team to support your fundraising goals. Every runner will be supported by a team in our Foundation that will provide resources, tools and fundraising tips. It all starts with a kick-off meeting, which is an opportunity to bond with other team members and to meet the team at South Shore Health System that will help you every step of the way. Let people know what motivates you to run Boston’s 26.2 on your personal donation page, which will motivate your friends and family to support you in your fundraising.
- Free marketing and promotion. Our promotional experts will promote the team on social media and in our numerous electronic and print communications to community members. We also develop press releases to local newspapers to bring greater awareness to each runner’s efforts to raise funds for a local cause.
- Cool swag. Who doesn’t like cool swag?
- Help with the logistics. Our team will arrange transportation from our Cancer Center to Hopkinton for the long run and on Marathon Monday.
- A big celebration in your honor. Finishing the Boston Marathon is a major accomplishment and we’re all about celebrating all of your hard work raising funds to benefit cancer patients on the South Shore.
- An unforgettable experience. Have you always wanted to do something deeply meaningful while crossing something off your bucket list? Run Boston with Team SSHS!
If you’ve already registered for the Boston Marathon as a qualified runner, congratulations! We hope you still consider joining our team. You’ll have a great group to support you as you train for Boston, and you’ll be supporting cancer care in our community.
Join Team SSHS
If you are interested in running the 2018 Boston Marathon to support South Shore Health System cancer care on the South Shore, click here to complete an application. There is no fee to apply. If accepted as a SSHS runner, you must agree to the $8,000 minimum fundraising commitment. Runners must be at least 18 years old.